Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome all Pokemon fans! In this site you may create your own trainer. Become the best of the best, or join one of the many organizations.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zarrie
Team Silver Spark Leader
Zarrie

Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Empty
PostSubject: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:15 am

Ashley grinned as her Cyndaquil ran around the garden, the fire on his back flaring in happiness. Her mother’s new boyfriend Tim had agreed to walk her part way to Oak’s lab and Ashley had explained this to Charcoal, who dearly loved the man as he made the poffins the fire type adored.
“Charcoal,” Ashley called softly to her Pokémon, closing the book that was resting on her knees and standing up. The little Pokémon raced up to his trainer and leapt up into her arms, his fire being extinguished quickly as not to burn her. The two had a very good bond between them that had strengthened over the months. Ashley tucked her book, The Guide to Kanto, a gift from Tim into her bag and hoisting it up onto her shoulder. Charcoal rested on her other shoulder, snuggling down by her neck. Ashley chuckled lightly and scurried back into the house, calling out to Tim “Tim! Are you ready to go?” The man appeared at the bottom of the stairs, dressed in a suit that was required to be worn for his work.
“Geez kiddo, do you have to make me even more jealous?” he joked, gesturing to Charcoal hiding in her hair. Ashley grinned again, giggling. She darted under his arm as he reached out to ruffle her hair, saying
“Come on already or we’ll be late!” Tim smiled gently, Ashley’s mother, Jane stumbling down the stairs. Her hair was tied in a bun and she was in a skirt and blouse. She owned and ran a flower shop with the help of her Rosearade. Jane smiled tiredly at him
“I’ve never seen her so...excited.” Jane murmured to him while in passing by him, giving him a peck on the cheek.
“Mm, she definitely should be. I don’t think you couldn’t be excited about starting your journey; it wouldn’t be normal.” He hugged her, burrowing his face in her hair and breathing deeply, tickling her. Jane laughed, pushing him off her.
“You promised to take her part way there remember?” She shot to him, straightening her blouse. She knew that her daughter was bouncing up and down at the front door, impatient to leave.
“I know I promised but I’m sure Professor Oak’s lab open all day? Can’t you take the morning off and spend with Ash?” but Jane was shaking her head before he had finished.
“You know I can’t Tim,” She sighed heavily. “You know I’d love to do that but I want to get ahead of the bills and the mortgage first before I even think of doing half days.” Tim studied her, concerned. Dark bags were curling under her eyes, bloodshot veins winding around the whites.
“Jane...” He started but Jane pushed him slightly
“Go, I’ll be fine.” She assured him, reaching for her coffee mug and placing it under the coffee machine turning it on. “She’s waiting Tim.” She added with more urgency and firmness in her voice. Tim gave in, kissing her on her crown and slowly walking out the door. Ashley nearly pounced on him when he stepped out.
“Ready?” She twirled around, ready to race off to the lab-and flatly fell face first onto the ground, sending Charcoal flying and skidding on the hard concrete.
“Ashley!” Tim rushed over to her side, bending over her. “Are you ok? Are you hurt?” Worry filtered through his voice, as if he was her father. Ashley hobbled up onto her feet, her face scrunched up in pain and tears wobbling in her eyes, ready to fall at the drop of a pin. A small scrape on her cheek was the cause of the pain, bleeding lightly. “Aw it’s not that bad is it?” He chuckled weakly, taking out his handkerchief and dabbing the blood off. “Does it hurt badly? If it does, we can wait a little longer...” Suddenly, the tears disappeared and the eyes they had threatened to fall from brightened.
“No! No! It stings only a little!” Tim held up his hand in defence and smiled gingerly.
“Alright then, do you have a bandaid in your bag?” Ashley smiled brightly and hurriedly took out a small first aid kit, taking out a bandaid and letting Tim press it onto her face. “Better?” Ashley nodded, the bandaid standing out on her pale skin. “Good now, how about I race you to the corner?” Ashley took off towards the corner of her small street, Charcoal and Tim only steps behind.
~*~
Ashley bit her lip nervously as she stood outside Professor Oak’s lab, tentatively reaching out and knocking on the door, softly at first but a little harder after she waited a minute. Charcoal was hanging off her shoulder, trying to look brave but deep down was feeling his trainer’s nervousness and felt nervous himself. Ashley pondered whether to open the door herself but pulled herself back, saying to herself this was also the professor’s home and it would be rude to charge in uninvited. So she decided to wait patiently for someone to open the door, her hands clutching her bag strap.

(OOC(Sorry for the length but this was the best way I could think to start off with and I wanted to do something probably a little different...)
Back to top Go down
Diesle
Admin
Admin
Diesle

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:02 pm

The door slowly opened, but there was no one there. It had been cracked a bit. But neverless, the lights were on and people were working. One man was typing madly on a computer, and didnt notice Ashley. No one did. And Prof. Oak wasnt anywhere in sight. It left a creepy affect on the lab. Screens flashed and the windows were closed. Dark and mysterious, the lab waited for someone to walk in.
Back to top Go down
Zarrie
Team Silver Spark Leader
Zarrie

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:08 am

Ashley blinked when the door opened, quietly stepping into the room. She shivered slightly, despite feeling warm and with Charcoal cuddling up to her. She saw the man typing at the computer, hesitating somewhat before speaking.
“Um…Excuse me?” She asked timidly, a hand going up to touch Charcoal’s fur and feeling some courage go through her. “Do you know where Professor Oak is?”
Back to top Go down
Lazerus
Admin
Admin
Lazerus

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:44 pm

(It is perfectly okay about your starting post it is suppose to be that long and descriptive! Very Happy)

::As the man slowly pushed himself away from the computer he saw that someone was there and then his smile brightened for it was one of the assistants who was suppose to be opening up the lab for the Professor. "Well now aren't you a bright of sunshine in this dark dreary world!" As he started to smile and get up from his seat where he was typing fastly using strain on his wrists (carpals) and his eyes (optical spaces) as he went towards the shades to open them looking at her "Yes the professor will be in shortly I'm actually suppose to not let someone in, but apparently I had left it a crack open!" He said chuckling making his entire face chuckle along with it making his face brighten up as he pulled the shade cord of the first window. "You can have a seat over there until he comes in though?" he said pointing to the set of chairs that signified a waiting room.

As he continued to turn up all of the window blinds letting little by little and the sound of several other computer stations in the lab and other technical devices started to whirl with their little fans on them signaling the booting up of the systems. As well as the sound of the coffee pot getting started as the smell of brewed coffee seemed to fill the room in spots. The rear door opening up to the yard in back where the pokemon roamed in freedom for not only did he have to get everything running and all of that, but he also had the job feeding the pokemon that where out there. Leaving you alone for quite some time that was when you heard the door open, but not in the rear it was right near you it was the front door.

As a man in a white lab coat came in his hair had some gray in it and his eyes where strikingly blue under the labcoat was a tan polo shirt and tan slacks this was Professor Oak there to start the day as his eyes seemed to catch on to you he noticed and gave acknowledgement of your presence. "Well hello there you must be one of the first ones of the day!" As he smiled warmly and politely "I'm guessing your here to get a few things for your journey and also do you mind if I ask what your name would be?" he said leaving it open for you to answer!::
Back to top Go down
http://magicoftherealms.proboards.com/index.cgi
Zarrie
Team Silver Spark Leader
Zarrie

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:21 am

Ashley gave a small nervous smile to the assistant, watching him for a second before glancing over to the door that was opened out to the yard. She peered through the door for a few minutes while waiting for Professor Oak. Charcoal perked up when the door opened, Ashley turning around to see him walking through the door.
“My name is Ashley Professor,” She answered softly, still feeling somewhat nervous. “I was told by my mother’s boyfriend that you hand out items and Pokédex to new trainers?” The last sentence was more of a question then a statement but hopefully, she thought Professor Oak would understand. Charcoal scampered off of her shoulder and stood by her feet, touching one paw to Ashley’s foot to give her a bit of confidence. He was very interested in learning about the room in which they were in and the small mouse could feel his curiosity building up to where it could burst but he stubbornly stayed by Ashley’s foot. “Oh and this is my Cyndaquil, Charcoal.” Ashley explained to Professor Oak, half expecting Charcoal to race up to him and demand a pat as he normally did when the fire Pokémon met a stranger but was a bit surprised when he stayed by her foot. She smiled at Professor Oak a little, shifting slightly as she paused for him to answer.
Back to top Go down
Lazerus
Admin
Admin
Lazerus

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:29 pm

::Professor Oak was interested for she seemed confident at times, but only when her pokemon gave her the confidence it looked like they had already gained a special bond with each other. "Well I'm glad you are here and so early in fact!" He exclaimed for it was a sight to see trainers comign early in the morning instead of towards the afternoon. Although she was someone who had been taught at an early age that it was better to be early than late. She had that sorta spunk to her personality again at times.

"Well shall we go to my office so we can get your supplies oujt of the way and you can get on your journey faster?" He said as he started towards the rear of the building where his office was you would pass the solid reinforced glass case full of pokeballs some full and some empty. As well on the walls where pictures of past success stories. Finally coming to the end of the hallway rotating his head to look behind him to see you there as to the left of the door was a name plaque which read

[i]PROFESOR GARY OAK
Head Pokemon Researcher

A nicely polished pewter colored door set in front with a brass knob shaped like tiny slanted sideward "S" as it was turned by the experienced hand of the professor it opened with ease opening the room to more light than was in there originally. By the door was a L-shaped desk made out of Oak looking like new with papers nicely stacked in one place and a PC covering one portion and a wide open space. On the walls where picture of a scenery with fields, mountains, and wild pokemon. Another of his son Gary Oak Jr. who at that time was on his own journey as well. In one corner sat a machine that specially made to keep starter pokeballs secure as well as having easy access when turned on.

He moved with ease of having that grace of youth in his step going around the desk he sat in the leather desk chair that had levers below the seat as well as legs that separated at the bottom of the chair. Sitting in it as it contourted to him he put out a polite hand to the chair in front of him offering it to you. it was once again a chair of leather with regular legs ending in flat squares on the lamenated floor. its arms protruded from the back going towards the desk they where comfortable and full length as the initial backing of the chair seemed a little small for an adult human, but was just right for the regular sizes of trainers who come to see him.::
[center]
Back to top Go down
Zarrie
Team Silver Spark Leader
Zarrie

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:02 am

Ashley gave a small smile at the comment, picking up Charcoal and allowing him to scurry onto her shoulder. She had the little Pokémon since she was 10, having not started her journey before now for her mother needed her help with setting up her shop and helping her settle in, despite having Tim there to help as well. Her nervousness had eased to where it was gone. She was somewhat modest at the Professor’s words at first. Her excitement to become a trainer hadn’t been quelled by sleep the previous night so she had been up before dawn to get ready.
“Well, I would have felt like I would have burst from excitement if I hadn’t come early,” she explained, the smile still on her lips as she began to follow the Professor to his office. Ashley’s eyes flickered over to the glass case, wondering what Pokémon were held in their pokeballs. “Not to mention I would have annoyed my mother at her Flower Shop.” This brought a little chuckle from Charcoal who knew what his trainer’s mother did when Ashley annoyed her at her shop-or rather her Rosearade. Ashley remembered well the glares she received from Rosearade when her mother left the grass Pokémon in charge to take her daughter to get a book from the small local library. The Grass Pokémon was distinctly one that wasn’t very fond of Ashley, for Rosearade was a Pokémon that clung to her trainer and hated to share her. When this happened, the Flower handed Pokémon would always sneak into Ashley’s room with her Mother’s old Snubull doll (which Jane thought she threw away.) and place the doll under the girl’s pillow. Pausing momentarily as Oak opens the door to his office, Ashley scanned the plaque that had his name and what he was on it. She followed him into his office and when offered, sat on the chair with Charcoal o her lap. “You hand out pokeballs and a Pokédex to beginning trainers’ right?” She questioned, hoping not to sound rude. She was just very eager and excited to begin her journey as most trainers probably would be when they began their quest to become the top trainers in a region.
Back to top Go down
Lazerus
Admin
Admin
Lazerus

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:35 pm

(pardon the length of getting back to you)

::As the professor heard your words as they fell on his ears and felt something as if you where holding something back, but shrugged it off in his head not wanting to sound to forward either as the smile was still on his face. "Yes I do give those to new trainers as a matter of fact that is what I'm just about to do!" he said as he took out a well used key that was in his lower labcoat pocket and placed it into a well used drawer and bent forward to open it pressing his thumb to the drawer and it opened it freely.

"In fact I have a perfect question to ask you for these are actually National Pokedexs' and they come in three different colors for nowand the question is which color would you want?" as he took out the five pokeballs and Antidotes and then laid three pokedex units in front of him passing the antidotes and pokeballs over to her side of the oak wooden desk he placed the three nearest to him. One a dark red almost the color of oxidized blood, one yellow like the color of the sun, and the third a clear blue almost looking like the color of the sea. So which one will she choose?::
Back to top Go down
Zarrie
Team Silver Spark Leader
Zarrie

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Ashley gratefully took the pokeballs and Antidotes that he passed to her, tucking them into her bag before glancing down at the Pokédexs’. She didn’t really know that the Professor had National Pokédexs but she didn’t mind-that meant not having to update her own Dex later on, once she chose one anyway. Ashley studied them for a moment before reaching out and picking up the blue Pokédex.
“I’ll have this one.” She said firmly, a smile tugging at her lips again.
Back to top Go down
Lazerus
Admin
Admin
Lazerus

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:56 pm

::The professor smiled and nodded "Of course, do you happen to already have a pokedex with some info on it? If so I'll have to transfer it to this one if you would be so kind to let me do that?" He said holding a flat hand with the palm up as if to take something from you for thinking that if you already had a pokemon then you would've had recieved a pokedex in your region of the earth. And so he waited patiently for the old one so he could transfer the existing info to the new one.::
Back to top Go down
Zarrie
Team Silver Spark Leader
Zarrie

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:42 am

Ashley blinked, her mind drawing a blank on her old Pokédex that she had received months ago by Professor Elm. Then Charcoal nudged her hand and pointed to her back pocket in her bag.
“Oh! Right! My old Pokédex!” Ashley gave an embarrassed grin as she rummaged around in her bag for the Pokédex before handing it over to Professor Oak. “I nearly forgot about it because I haven’t really used it apart from putting Charcoal’s information in…”
Back to top Go down
Lazerus
Admin
Admin
Lazerus

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:14 pm

::Finally she gave him both of the pokedexs' so he could scan them and put the old information into the new national pokedex takingthem both in hand and a grin on his face he placed the old one in first so as to input the information into the computer waiting for it to do its course it finally ejected and next he placed the new one in and mae a few adjustments and the information was being transferred this only took about a couple minutes and then it ejected as well turning his glance from the computer screen back to you with the national dex in hand he outstretched that hand and gave it back to you with a smile still on his face.

"Well I hope to see what you find out on your journey and hope this little guy will be able to aide you on your journey as well!" as he glanced from you to the cyndaquil and back to you as he said goodbye to you and let you leave with your new items in hand for you to finally begin your journey outside these great walls and find that you have the skills and qualities of becoming whatever you want to become in the near future!::
Back to top Go down
Zarrie
Team Silver Spark Leader
Zarrie

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:09 am

"Thank you Professor," Ashley said gratefully, taking her Pokédex and placing it carefully in her pocket. "And I'm sure Charcoal will help a lot during my journey!" She smiled at him before turning around and leaving the lab, glancing down at Charcoal. "Our new beginning pal!" She grinned down at him, the small pokemon nodding in agreement. "Cynda!" He cried happily as they headed to Route 1.
Back to top Go down
Lazerus
Admin
Admin
Lazerus

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 3:56 pm

POST CLOSED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)   Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ashley meeting Professor Oak (CLOSED)
Page 1 of 1